Results and Grading at SLIIT
SLIIT uses 12 grades in assessing student performance. They are illustrated as follows.
|Grade||Grade Point||Marks Range|
The Pass grade at SLIIT is “C”.
What is a conceded pass?
Conceded Pass (PC) grades are available in some circumstances in undergraduate programmes. A student cannot request a conceded pass. A conceded pass may only be offered by the institute upon the recommendation of the Senate. The Institute's Board of Examiners will be responsible for determining the eligibility and awarding of conceded passes.
A conceded pass will be recorded as a (PC) grade. The numeric marks remain unchanged.
Conceded passes are not available in postgraduate coursework units.
Pls refer the Rule book section 3.2.3
What is a D pass / D criteria?
To obtain a D pass you need to have fulfilled all of the below
- pass the rest of the modules in the 1st attempt,
- Only one module should be pending
- The grade must have D,D+ or C- (E ,D- will not be considered)
- The GPA must be 2.00 or above
- D criteria is not applicable for English modules.